Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ripoff: lunch at Naked Fish

Today, I had the misfortune to have lunch at Naked Fish (it was a business meeting, not my choice). I knew in advance that there was really only one option for an entree on the menu: the Grilled Vegetable Napoleon. I called ahead to confirm that it was vegan. The dish included asparagus, beefsteak tomato, eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, balsamic and tomato salsa, and some olive oil -- and that was it. It was beautifully presented, with the eggplant, tomato, and a portobello mushroom in a nice stack in the center and the other vegetables arranged around it. However, it was probably the least satisfying meal I've ever had. Totally insufficient.

Hey, Naked Fish -- how about including some cannellini beans or a nice slab of smoked grilled tofu and serving the whole thing on a bed of quinoa? Now, THAT would be worth $10.75. But grilled vegetables and some salsa? No matter how pretty on the plate, that's a ripoff.

PS I had to ask the waitress to bring some rolls. They were cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment